Succeed in CELTA. A Practical Guide for Teachers
The Cambridge CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an international certification in English language teaching. The aim of the book, Succeed in CELTA, is to help future teachers of English prepare for the challenges which lie ahead on the CELTA course. This book offers practical instructions and advice taken from the author's personal experience in order to evaluate this professional training before enrolling in it. As fees for the course must be paid in advance, it could be useful to supply CELTA candidates with an evaluation tool to decide whether their money will be wisely spent and whether the course criteria suit their actual skills.
Succeed in CELTA is organised in four chapters:
- The first chapter provides general information and a focus on some of the most important theoretical topics which are part of the syllabus.
- The second chapter offers guidance and support in order to plan lessons effectively, which is one of the main parameters trainees have to meet.
- The third chapter aims at giving specific recommendations about the written assignments, with authentic examples and useful hints.
- The fourth chapter seals with the controversial issue of non native English-speaking teachers and contains comments of some of the author's colleagues who attended the course and now work as teachers of English.
- Finally, some of the most relevant documents and materials which relate to the course can be found in the appendix.
Anul aparitiei: 2020